* Denotes annual membership in the UI Alumni Association.
* Denotes life membership in the UI Alumni Association.
* Denotes membership in the UI Alumni Association's Old Capitol Club .
* Denotes membership in the UI Alumni Association's Director's Club Honor Circle
- Alex Boston, 10BA, is co-founder of Xrivo, a social media platform for writers.
- Elena Chiappinelli*, 11MHA, is an administrative fellow at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.
- Kelsey E. Tumey Cochrane*, 10MBA, is senior coordinator of donor relations for the Mile High United Way in Denver, Colo.
- Austin Duke*, 11BBA, is an account executive with Krist Insurance Services in West Des Moines.
- Tonya Dyson*, 11BSN, is a registered nurse at the Lucas County Health Center in Chariton.
- Jen Goedken Manternach*, 10MA, is a facilitator for the Cedar Rapids Community Schools.
- Amy N. Krambeck Overton*, 11BBA, is a risk analyst for Lockton Companies, an insurance broker in Kansas City, Mo.
- Reed S. Williams, 11JD, is an associate with the Nyemaster Goode law firm in Des Moines.
- Aiqin “Jenny” Yao*, 10MAc, is a tax associate for the KPMG professional services firm in Minneapolis.
- Beth M. Peterson Brandenburg*, 06MD, is a physician at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota in Minneapolis, and Nathan M. Brandenburg*, 06JD, is an attorney with the Siegel Brill law firm in Minneapolis.
- David M. Buddingh, 01BA, is an associate with the Baker & Daniels law firm in Chicago.
- Julie A. Thorndyke Franklin*, 08MBA, is chief financial officer for Commercial Resources in Centerville.
- Jacob C. Gabelmann*, 08BSE, is a software engineer at Cerner Corporation in Kansas City, Mo.
- William H. Garrett Jr.*, 00BA, is a financial representative for MassMutual Financial Group in Davenport.
- Katie L. Graham, 06BA, is an associate with the Nyemaster Goode law firm in Des Moines.
- Andrew D. S. Karll*, 08BA, is a third-year student at Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Kasey K. Keltner*, 03BA, is a middle school teacher for the Columbus Community School District in Columbus Junction.
- Robert Travis Kuhl*, 00BBA, is vice president of Vending Services in Urbandale.
- Kay M. McGee*, 07BA, is an occupational thera-pist for the University of Illinois Medical Center in Chicago.
- Nickolaus L. Pribyl*, 09BSE, is an engineer with the Paiute Pipeline in Carson City, Nev.
- Clinton T. Rozycki*, 08R, is an anesthesiologist with Associated Anesthesiologists in Des Moines.
- Scott Wilcox*, 09BBA, 10MAc, is a certified public accountant for the McGladrey & Pullen accounting firm in Iowa City.
- Solomon Bililign, 91PhD, a physics professor at the North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University in Greensboro, N.C., received the 2010 national Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring.
- Elizabeth A. Davis*, 97BA, 03JD, is a partner with the Ungaretti & Harris law firm in Chicago.
- Jane L. Driscoll*, 95BSE, 06MBA, is a senior engineer with John Deere in Moline, Ill.
- Aaron Granquist*, 96BS, 00BSE, 10MBA, an office manager for the Howard R. Green engineering and technical consulting services company in Moline, Ill., has been inducted into the Waldorf College Athletic Hall of Fame in Forest City.
- Mary A. Halda*, 91BSPh, is a pharmacist with Hy-Vee in West Des Moines.
- Scott A. Herbert*, 93BA, is an attorney with the Cunningham Meyer & Vedrine law firm in Warrenville, Ill.
- R.J. Kasicki*, 92BA, is an English and speech teacher at Glenbard East High School in Lombard, Ill.
- Kevan L. Mellinger*, 96BBA, is principal owner of the Brever Agency, an insurance and tax service in Mediapolis.
- Marian Muste*, 93MS, 95PhD, an adjunct civil and environmental engineering professor in the UI College of Engineering and a research engineer at the UI’s IIHR-Hydroscience and Engineering in Iowa City, is vice president of the International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research.
- Rachel Moreau Newby*, 99BA, 02JD, 03MPH, is a self-employed attorney in Crystal Lake, Ill.
- David T. Novotny*, 96BS, is director of Novella Clinical, a clinical research organization in Durham, N.C.
- Karl Robinson*, 93BBA, 96JD, is an attorney with the Hellmuth & Johnson law firm in Edina, Minn.
- Andrew P. Scott*, 95BA, is a sports photo editor, and Roxanna O.
- Pellin Scott*, 96BA, is an editor for USA Today in McLean, Va. Beth I.
- Britt Sitzmann*, 92BSN, is an assistant nursing education professor at St. Luke’s College in Sioux City.
- Jessica K. Templeton*, 97BA, is senior human resources business partner for the Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana in Chicago.
- Monica Y. Bhopatkar Teredesai*, 96MS, is a senior systems analyst for NAVTEQ, a maps, traffic, and location data provider in Chicago.
- Edith M. Siemers Turnbull, 90MA, is executive director of Admission Possible Milwaukee, a nonprofit organization that helps make college admission and success possible for low-income students.
- Steven J. Venenga, 96MBA, is vice president of meat products marketing for Hormel Foods in Austin, Minn.
- Lance W. Wilshusen*, 92BSE, is technical services manager for Apache Hose and Belting in Cedar Rapids.
- Thomas L. Casavant, 82BS, 83MS, 86PhD, director for the UI Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology and a UI professor in engineering, ophthalmology and visual sciences, and applied mathematical and computational sciences, is a fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- David Chadima, 81BA, 88MBA, is assistant vice president of international group activities for ACT in Iowa City
- Kent L. Croskey*, 87R, 88F, is president of Des Moines Anesthesiologists
- Paul Eddy, 87BS, is group vice president and chief information officer for pharmacy, health, and wellness for Walgreens in Deerfield, Ill.
- Kimberly S. Wieland Farner*, 87BBA, is managing partner for Hawkeye Solutions, a banking and finance company in Issaquah, Wash.
- Daniel F. Gosch, 81BA, 83JD, a member at the Dickinson Wright law firm in Grand Rapids, Mich., has been named to The Best Lawyers in America 2012.
- James A. Gude*, 88BS, is a middle school science teacher and coach for the Sheldon Community Schools in Sheldon.
- Ted Habte-Gabr, 89BSE, is founder and producer of Live Talks Los Angeles, which organizes speaking events with well-known guests to help support literary, arts, and educational causes in the city.
- Julie Lawlis*, 88BSN, is a registered nurse at Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
- Brett S. Lytle*, 80BBA, is an attorney with the McDowall Cotter law firm in San Mateo, Calif., and Pamela J. Schroeder Lytle*, 81BBA, is a senior research engineer with Lockheed Missile and Space Company in Sunnyvale, Calif.
- Jerry L. Marks*, 84BBA, 87JD, a partner with the Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy law firm in Los Angeles, has been recognized by Benchmark Litigation in the commercial litigation and securities practice areas.
- James M. Reeve Jr.*, 84BBA, is an accountant with the Latta, Harris, Hanon & Penningroth accounting firm in Tipton.
- Daniel D. Sewell*, 85MD, a clinical psychiatry professor for the University of California at San Diego, was named the 2011 top doctor for geriatric psychiatry by San Diego Magazine.
- Steven G. Snow, 86BA, an associate government and politics professor at Wagner College in Staten Island, N.Y., recently received the college’s award for excellence in teaching, as well as an award from the college’s Internationalization Action Council in recognition of student service-learning trips he leads to Kenya.
- JoAnn Rosenbaum Cragoe*, 75BA, is executive assistant to the president at Minnesota Public Radio in St. Paul, Minn.
- Michael J. Downes*, 71BBA, is a process analyst for SAIC, a scientific, engineering, and technology applications company in Rock Island, Ill.
- Esther O. Feske, 73MA, 74MFA, worked as graphic artist for the book Mexican Proverbs by Arturo Medina.
- Julianne Volkens Fitz*, 71BA, 72MA, a community volunteer for Gilda’s Club in Nashville, Tenn., has established the Fitz Family Fund for Brain Cancer Awareness and Research through the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, which supports the Gilda’s Club and research efforts at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.
- Kevin M. Fitzgerald*, 78BBA, is vice president of marketing for Professional Case Management in Denver, Colo.
- Theodore L. Glasser*, 79PhD, a communication professor at Stanford University in Stanford, Calif., has been inducted into the UI School of Journalism and Mass Communication Hall of Fame.
- Susan Rae Jensen*, 72BA, 76MD, 81F, senior partner at the Heart Center of Colorado in Colorado Springs, Colo., has been named one of the Pikes Peak region’s top doctors in cardiology by the city’s Style magazine.
- Twyla M. Misselhorn*, 74BS, 78MA, a therapeutic recreation specialist with Sister Kenny Rehabilitation Services at United Hospital in St. Paul, Minn., is president of the Minnesota Therapeutic Recreation Association.
- Susan K. Neely*, 78BA, president and chief executive officer of the American Beverage Association, recently received the 2011 Global Citizen of the Year Award from the Whitehead School of Diplomacy and International Relations at Seton Hall University in South Orange, N.J.
- Mary E. Norgaard*, 70BSN, 86MS, recently retired as a captain from the U.S. Navy Reserve Nurse Corps and as a senior nurse executive from McKesson Information Technology Business in Alpharetta, Ga.
- Robert E. Onnen*, 70BA, 73JD, is president of Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County in Port Angeles, Wash.
- John W. Roche*, 71BA, 71BSChE, 84MBA, is vice president of the MidAmerican Energy Company in Davenport.
- M. Joseph Rocks*, 72BA, a former Pennsylvania State senator and state representative, is chairman and chief executive officer of NHS Human Services in Lafayette Hill, Pa.
- Ralph W. Tyler*, 78BS, is a physical therapist for the Mayo Clinic Health System in Holmen, Wisc.
- Craig A. Waldron*, 72BA, city administrator of Oakdale, Minn., recently received the International City/County Manager’s Association’s 2011 Award for Career Development in recognition of local government internship programs he established.
- Gordon L. Cawelti*, 62PhD, a retired senior research associate with Educational Research Service in Arlington, Va., is a member of the Certification Council of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Patricia A. Cadwallader Doherty*, 69BA, 74MA, 79PhD, is a psychologist at the University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point.
- Earl E. Fitz*, 68BA, 70MA, a Portuguese, Spanish, and comparative literature professor at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn., has established the Fitz Family Fund for Brain Cancer Awareness and Research through the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.
- Edward C. Fitzpatrick, 68BA, a partner with the Faegre Baker Daniels law firm in Chicago, is included in the 2012 edition of Illinois Super Lawyers.
- Marilyn J. Polk Holmes*, 64BA, is a clerk and typist for the Memphis Publishing Company.
- Donald L. Kobes, 62BA, a Web marketing consultant, freelance copywriter, and public relations specialist in The Villages, Fla., is author of the autobiographical e-book, Sand in Our Boots.
- Richard H. Sherman, 65MA, who teaches at the South Florida campuses and online for the University of Phoenix, has launched www.tutoringadventures.com, a website that offers tutoring tips.
- Bernard J. Brommel*, 55MA, an emeritus professor of communication, had a building that houses the College of Arts and Sciences named in his honor at Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago.
- Thomas J. Dalton*, 58BSC, is principal for Dalton Investor Relations in Boise, Idaho.
- Ada Combites Hubbard*, 54BSN, a retired nurse, served as the grand marshall of the 2011 Christmas parade in La Harpe, Ill.
- Harlan “Bud” Hockenberg, 49BA, 52JD, a member of the board of directors for the Iowa Law School Foundation, has launched a business consulting firm called CEO Independent Advisor.
faculty & friends
- Karim Abdel-Malek, a UI biomedical engineering professor, has been named a fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering.
- Gregory Howes, a UI physics and astronomy assistant professor, recently received the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, the highest honor given by the government to scientists and engineers near the start of their independent research careers.
- Mercedes Niño-Murcia, chair of the UI Department of Spanish and Portuguese, and associate director of the UI Division of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures, co-wrote The Lettered Mountain: A Peruvian Village’s Way with Writing.
- Frank Salomon, a UI adjunct anthropology professor, is co-author of The Lettered Mountain: A Peruvian Village’s Way with Writing.