* Denotes annual membership in the UI Alumni Association.
* Denotes life membership in the UI Alumni Association.
* Denotes membership in the UI Alumni Association's Old Capitol Club .
* Denotes membership in the UI Alumni Association's Director's Club Honor Circle
- Nicholas Eilertson*, 10DDS, is a dentist with the People’s Community Health Clinic in Waterloo.
- Shannon K. Holst*, 10BA, is owner of A Step Above Dance Academy in Batavia, Ill.
- Shaun J. Kinney*, 10BA, is a retail wireless consultant for U.S. Cellular in Coralville.
- Emily M. Landan*, 10BSN, is a registered nurse for the Iowa City Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
- Jana M. Luttenegger, 11JD, is an associate attorney with the Davis Brown law firm in Des Moines.
- Caroline A. Noser*, 11BA, is a third-grade teacher in Shenandoah.
- Callen M. Smith*, 10BA, is an auditor for Sedona Technologies, an information technology and engineering services consulting company in Moline, Ill.
- Donna R. Wright Spidle*, 10BSN, is a registered nurse at Skiff Medical Center in Newton.
- Martin T. Andrews, 09MFA, is co-founder and producing director for Working Group Theatre in Iowa City.
- Kathryn A. Festvog Baldwin*, 06BS, is a certified therapeutic recreation specialist for New Horizons Adult Day Center in Ankeny.
- Scott Beck, 07BA, is co-writer and director of the short film Impulse and the MTV pilot Spread.
- Cheyanne C. Boddicker, 08BA, an assistant director of development for major gifts at the UI Foundation in Iowa City, recently swam the English Channel to raise money for cancer research.
- Jolie M. Chrisman*, 02BS, 02BM, is a high school teacher for the Toronto District School Board in Toronto.
- Eduardo C. Corral, 01MFA, author of the poetry collection Slow Lightning, has received a 2011 Whiting Writers’ Award, given to young writers with extraordinary talent and promise.
- Jennifer Fawcett, 08MFA, is co-founder and associate artistic director for Working Group Theatre in Iowa City.
- Scott P. Grady*, 04BBA, is a financial advisor for Morgan Stanley in Chicago.
- Sandra K. Hecht*, 01R, is a medical director for Anesthesia Care of Effingham, Ill.
- Ryan D. Hollenbeck*, 07MD, is a first-year fellow and cardiologist at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn.
- Timothy Hullermann*, 08BSE, is a consultant for Accenture, a global management consulting, technology services, and outsourcing company in Denver, Colo.
- Sean C. Lewis, 07MFA, is co-founder and artistic director for Working Group Theatre in Iowa City.
- Shane A. McCrae, 04MFA, a UI Ph.D. student in English and author of the Mule poetry collection, has received a 2011 Whiting Writers’ Award.
- Sarah K. Milani*, 09BA, is a teacher for the Baltimore City Public Schools in Baltimore.
- Aaron L. Morrow*, 04BSE, is a shift supervisor for Johnson Manufacturing in Princeton.
- Phinit Phisitkul*, 06F, is a UI orthopaedic surgeon in Iowa City.
- Julia D. Burdakin Privett*, 07MPA, is a physician assistant for Cardiologists L.C. in Cedar Rapids.
- Diana Reed*, 07BA, 07BBA, is a dancer and performer for Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best Live Tour Ever national production.
- Nicholas R. Reid*, 06BA, is an optometrist for Presson & McKeel Optometric Group in Morehead City, N.C.
- Meghan L. Hasselberg Reitz*, 01BA, a mental health therapist in Schaumburg, Ill., has been featured in an article about marriage counseling in the August 2011 issue of Reader’s Digest.
- Sarah R. Risdon*, 08BA, is an alternative high school teacher for HLV Community School in Victor.
- Stacey E. Silok Thureen, 04BA, is a producer for Better Living with Liz Walker, a Boston-area health and lifestyle television show, which recently featured a segment about her personal battle against thyroid cancer.
- Adam J. Tiedt, 08BBA, is an account executive for ME&V, an advertising and fund-raising consultancy in Cedar Rapids.
- A. Paige Davis Volk*, 00MD, 03R, 06F, is a UI assistant pediatric professor in Iowa City.
- Tim R. Walsh*, 03BA, is a fourth-grade teacher for Ronzone Elementary School in the Clark County School District in Las Vegas.
- Matthew A. Warner-Blankenship, 04MS, 11JD, is an associate attorney with the Davis Brown law firm in Des Moines.
- Lorie E. Wilkey*, 09BA, 09BSN, is a registered nurse for Mercy Hospital in Iowa City.
- Bryan R. Woods, 07BA, is co-writer and director of the short film Impulse and the MTV pilot Spread.
- N. Joseph Young*, 08MBA, is vice president of the John Deere Insurance Company in Johnston.
- Shelley A. Smith Atkinson*, 95MA, is a teacher at Colona Grade School in Colona, Ill.
- Todd M. Bloomquist*, 99JD, is associate general counsel for Beam Global Spirits & Wine in Chicago.
- Paul G. Boynton*, 90MBA, is chief executive officer of Rayonier, an international forest products company in Jacksonville, Fla.
- Sandra R. Bolek Fleck, 98BBA, president of the Joliet Fire Wives Organization and a member of the Joliet Junior Women’s Club in Joliet, Ill., is senior vice president and market leader for Heartland Bank and Trust Company in Shorewood, Ill.
- Velma F. Johnson*, 93MPT, is a physical therapist for the Center for Rehabilitation at the Great River Medical Center in West Burlington.
- Deborah A. Roseman Muth*, 92BS, is an elementary school teacher for the Thompson School District in Loveland, Colo.
- Devon Terrill, 96BA, is producer and director of the documentary film GORK! about raising a child with developmental disabilities.
- Marta J. Hemmingson Van Beek*, 97MD, 01R, 03F, 03MPH, 08F, is an associate dermatology professor for the UI Hospitals and Clinics.
- Kenneth A. Volk*, 92PhD, is a UI pediatric research scientist in Iowa City.
- Susan D. Reedy Amero*, 84BSN, is manager of surgical services for Waukesha Memorial Hospital in Waukesha, Wis.
- Michael J. Clark, 89BA, a government and economics teacher at Bellaire High School in Bellaire, Texas, has been named the 2011 Houston Independent School District Teacher of the Year.
- Paul Eddy, 87BS, is group vice president and chief information officer for pharmacy, health, and wellness at Walgreens in Deerfield, Ill.
- Henry C. Emmons, 85MD, an integrative psychiatrist with the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing at the Abbott-Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, has received a 2011 Distinguished Service Award from Luther College in Decorah.
- Laura K. Hampton, 86MA, 87MFA, an educator and lecturer, has had her paintings of northeastern Arizona’s Canyon de Chelly featured in an exhibit at the Kristin Wigley-Fleming Fine Arts Gallery at Luther College in Decorah.
- Jeffrey H. Harris, 86BA, 87MBA, a finance professor in the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University in Syracuse, N.Y., recently spoke at the World Commodities Week conference in London.
- Kerry “Gus” Hartauer*, 84BSPh, 89PhD, a senior director of research for the Eli Lilly pharmaceutical company in Indianapolis, has received a UI College of Pharmacy 2011 Distinguished Alumni Award.
- John C. Holz*, 84BBA, is president of Strategic Retirement Plan Dynamics in Tucson, Ariz.
- Judd Huff*, 82BS, is general manager of the Pilot/Flying J fuel stop in Walcott.
- Kathy King Kessler, 81BBA, is a self-employed certified professional life coach in Dubuque.
- Sammy L. Logsdon*, 84PhD, has recently retired as chair of the music department from Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Diane S. Farris McKee*, 84BA, is a program coordinator for Catholic Charities Diocese of Des Moines in Council Bluffs.
- Ann Naffier, 88BA, is an associate attorney with the Davis Brown law firm in Des Moines.
- James R. Seitz*, 89BSE, 11MBA, is director of operations for Dresser-Rand, an energy and natural resources company in Burlington.
- Steven Sublett*, 83BGS, is divisional director of human resources for the CBIZ business service provider company in San Diego.
- David C. Van Dyke*, is an attorney with the Howard & Howard law firm in Chicago.
- Shari L. Walling*, 83BS, is a teacher, coach, and aquatics director for the Johnston Community Schools in Johnston.
- Jeff D. Bass*, 77PhD, is a communication studies professor at Baylor University in Waco, Texas.
- Jannet M. Hoper Carmichael, 75BSPh, pharmacy executive for the VA Sierra Pacific Network in the Veterans Health Administration, has received a UI College of Pharmacy 2011 Distinguished Alumni Award. Henry Dean, 70BBA, an attorney with the GrayRobinson law firm in Jacksonville, Fla., has been named to Best Lawyers in America 2012.
- Phyllis D. Wichman Drennan*, 74PhD, a retired nursing school dean, has received the University of Colorado College of Nursing Alumni Association’s 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award.
- John A. Eckstein*, 70BA, director of the Fairfield and Woods law firm in Denver, Colo., recently received the Catholic Lawyers Guild of Colorado’s St. Thomas More Award for representing his profession with intellect, integrity, and moral courage.
- Ian V. Gladding*, 73BA, is a business administration professor for Lewis University in Romeoville, Ill.
- William J. Hargis*, 71BBA, is a financial professional with the Stohlmann Hargis Financial Group in Woodbury, Minn.
- Debra G. Bruhn Hedden, 73BM, director of music education at the University of Kansas (KU) in Lawrence, Kan., has received the 2011 Byron Shutz Award for Excellence in Teaching from the KU School of Economics.
- Anita S. King*, 77MFA, 81DMA, is a music professor at Willamette University in Salem, Ore.
- Robert C. Krueger*, 71BA, 80PhD, is a self-employed licensed psychologist in Taos, N.M.
- Luis S. Moscoso*, 74BA, a Washington state representative in the first district, is vice chair of the state’s general government appropriations and oversight committee.
- Lawrence A. Peshkin*, 76JD, is an attorney with Peshkin & Kotalik in Phoenix.
- Rick Valicenti, 75MA, 76MFA, founder and principal of the Chicago design firm Thirst, has earned a 2011 National Design Award for Communication Design from the Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum.
- Linda Cook*, 69BS, is a registered physical therapist for Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services in Keene, N.H.
- Lynn A. Cunningham*, 67MD, has recently retired as a physician.
- Alan Gorr*, 64BA, 71PhD, is dean of the College of Education and Health Services for Benedictine University in Lisle, Ill.
- Carolyn A. Foote Heitz*, 60BBA, 66MA, 79PhD, is an online instructor for the University of Wisconsin-Stout in Menomonie, Wis.
- David M. Klumpar, 65BA, 68MS, director of Montana State University’s Space Science and Engineering Laboratory in Bozeman, Mont., helped build the Explorer-1 [Prime] miniature research satellite recently launched into space in honor of the 50th anniversary of the original satellite that detected the Van Allen radiation belts.
- Craig A. Kohl*, 67BA, is a retired UI photographer.
- Dave M. Nolte*, 67BS, is a retired pastor and U.S. Army chaplain.
- Richard H. Ross*, 65BBA, 66JD, has recently retired as deputy director of compliance from the California Gambling Control Commission in Sacramento, Calif.
- Robert J. Sigelman*, 64BA, 67MD, is a physician for West Metro Ophthalmology in Golden Valley, Minn.
- Carmon L. Slater*, 63BA, 68MS, 76PhD, an educational consultant and artist, has a sculptural quilt in the “Male Call: Quilts by Men” exhibit that runs through April 28 at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in Golden, Colo.
- Elizabeth A. Bertlshofer Swanson*, 69BSN, 75MA, 86PhD, an associate professor at the UI College of Nursing, has received the Iowa Nurses Association’s Teresa E. Christy Award, the highest state-level nursing education honor.
- Maurice K. VanNote*, 68BBA, is a semi-retired farmer in Palo.
- Beverly J. Rowland Hinds*, 53GN, a retired realtor, is a speaker on Lewis and Clark history for Humanities Iowa in Sioux City.
- LaVonne M. Wyffels Lutz*, 57MS, 57DI, a retired educator for the Minnesota Department of Dietetics, is a dietetic consultant.
- Wayne F. Shaw*, 51BA, is a retired sports editor who writes a weekly fishing column for The Tribune in San Luis Obispo, Calif. Allegra A.
- Jostad Silberstein*, 57BA, a retired teacher, is the first poet laureate for the city of Davis, Calif.
- Roderick D. Sage*, 49BA, a retired dermatologist, works part-time at the University of Nevada Student Health Center in Reno.
faculty & friends
- Richard J. Hartig, owner, chairman, and chief executive officer of Hartig Drug Stores, has received the UI College of Pharmacy’s 2011 Honorary Alumni Award.