* Denotes annual membership in the UI Alumni Association.
* Denotes life membership in the UI Alumni Association.
* Denotes membership in the UI Alumni Association's Old Capitol Club.
* Denotes membership in the UI Alumni Association's Director's Club Honor Circle.
- James V. Hanovnikian, 11BA, is a volunteer with BENNU Legal Services, a nonprofit legal aid agency in Lake Bluff, Ill.
- Hannah H. Herzog *, 10BBA, is an information technology business analyst for the Principal Financial Group in Des Moines.
- Nicole J. Hollopeter, 11MS, is a human factors and biometrics engineer at Apple in Cupertino, Calif.
- Daniel Ilchi *, 10BBA, is an accountant at the Gladys R. Wilson & Associates accounting firm in Chicago.
- Robbie J. Lehman *, 11BA, is video coordinator and radio analyst for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers basketball program in McAllen, Texas.
- Ashley A. Martens *, 10BA, recently earned a master's degree in communication with an emphasis in public relations from the University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point.
- Lindsey A. Petersen Morris *, 10MA, is a teacher at Lincoln Lutheran High School in Lincoln, Neb.
- Justin J. Strabala, 11BSE, is a mechanical engineer with PRVN Consultants, an engineering consulting firm in Muscatine, Iowa.
- Rusty R. Wolfe *, 10BA, is a talent manager for Pro Staff, a staffing services company in Des Moines.
- Tian Zhang *, 11PHR, is a pharmacist with Target in Champaign, Ill.
- Erica K. Barnhart *, 07BA, is a marketing project manager at Capella University in Minneapolis, and Nicolas G. Barnhart *, 07BA, is a business analyst for Target in Minneapolis.
- Kevin Duffy Blackburn, 00BA, auditor for Will County, Ill., was named County Auditor of the Year by the Illinois Association of County Auditors.
- Mike B. Brody, 00BA, a comedian, recently released his first stand-up comedy CD, That's Not What I Meant, on Rooftop Comedy Records in San Francisco.
- Amanda R. Colvin *, 06BA, is a planning and development specialist for the U.S. Government Printing Office in Washington, D.C.
- Ashley J. Corron *, 07BA, 07BBA, is an accountant for the Jones Lang LaSalle real estate services firm in Chicago.
- Sheri L. Weathers Floyd *, 00MSW, is a community operations coordinator for the Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault in Des Moines.
- Angela T. Groh Fogt *, 09JD, is an attorney with the Gray Plant Mooty law firm in Minneapolis, and Kyle T. Fogt *, 09JD, is an attorney with the Faegre Baker Daniels law firm in Minneapolis.
- Jackie A. Garfield *, 02BBA, is an account executive with the Executive Benefits Network consulting firm in Milwaukee.
- Katherine E. Hansen *, 05BS, is a resident surgeon at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark, N.J.
- Morgan R. Hawk *, 09BA, is a play-by-play broadcaster for the Cedar Rapids Kernels baseball team.
- Jennifer M. Powers Horner, 06BA, is a client manager at the Digital Evolution Group, an e-consultancy in Overland Park, Kan., and Thomas D. Horner, 05BSE, is a senior sales engineer at the Flowserve pumps, valves, and seals manufacturer in Overland Park, Kan .
- Timothy R. Hullermann *, 08BSE, is a consultant at Accenture, a global consulting, technology services, and outsourcing company in Denver, Colo.
- Andrea C. Keyes *, 08BA, is a purchasing coordinator for Walgreens in Deerfield, Ill.
- Drazen Kljucevic *, 05BA, is a manager at Walgreens in Clearwater, Fla.
- Matthew L. Kowal *, 07BBA, is a copywriter for the Ogilvy & Mather public relations firm in Chicago.
- Sherri A. McMorris *, 09BA, is a cash application specialist for Fidelitone Logistics, a supply chain solutions provider in Wauconda, Ill.
- Krista Wolf Mohamed *, 06BS, is a physician assistant with SwedishAmerican Medical Group-Cardiothoracic Surgery in Rockford, Ill.
- Micah E. Muller *, 07BSE, is a project engineer for Symbiont, an engineering and consulting firm in West Allis, Wis.
- Mark A. Nelson *, 06BA, is an investment counselor with the Principal Financial Group in Des Moines.
- Stephen L. Poduska *, 05BS, is an associate veterinarian at County Line Animal Hospital in Naperville, Ill.
- Marie A. Read *, 03BA, is a teacher for the Linn-Mar School District and the Marion Independent School District in Marion, Iowa.
- Jade Schramm *, 08BA, is a student-centered learning instructor for Echo Plus, an organization that serves people with disabilities in Spirit Lake, Iowa.
- Erin B. Tiesman *, 09MA, is a website designer for Yellow Book USA in Cedar Rapids.
- Krista A. Stinton Tillman *, 08BS, is a fourth-grade teacher for the South Sioux City Community Schools in South Sioux City, Neb.
- Kevin Willey *, 08MBA, is a sales force planning manager at the Pioneer Hi-Bred International seed company in Johnston.
- Melissa A. Wilson Anderson, 99BA, is a partner with the Cassiday Schade law firm in Chicago.
- Kelly T. Bennett *, 94BA, is an assistant attorney with the Jasper County Attorney's Office in Newton, Iowa.
- Michael Browne, 98BBA, is vice president of RBS Citizens, a financial services and banking company in Chicago.
- Joel G. Burken, 91BSE, 93MS, 96PhD, associate chair and professor of civil, architectural, and environmental engineering at the Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla, Mo., is president of the Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors.
- Terry R. Conley, 95PhD, is dean of the School of Science and Technology at Cameron University in Lawton, Okla.
- Gabrielle D'Alemberte, 93BA, a trial attorney with the Law Offices of Robert Parks in Coral Gables, Fla., recently received the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce's 2012 AXA Advisors Businesswoman of the Year Award for philanthropy.
- Tonja Dee De Sloover, 99BA, 02JD, is a partner with the Fulbright & Jaworski law firm in Houston.
- Matthew R. Devine, 96BA, is a partner with the Jenner & Block law firm in Chicago.
- Shezwae Monique Fleming *, 95BA, 00MA, is director of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion at Michigan Technological University in Houghton, Mich.
- Philip M. Harms *, 96JD, is a senior editor for Lexis-Nexis, a business software company in Chanhassen, Minn.
- Steven R. Kotarba *, 97JD, is managing director of the Alvarez & Marsal professional services firm in Chicago.
- Nathan W. Lamb, 97BBA, is an attorney with the Ulmer & Berne law firm in Chicago.
- Sean T. O'Grady *, 93MA, is senior vice president of NorthShore University HealthSystem's Evanston Hospital and president of the Evanston Chamber of Commerce in Evanston, Ill.
- Jason R. Pettit *, 99BBA, is a systems analyst for Kohl's department stores in Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Jason M. Stone, 96BS, an attorney with the Davis Brown law firm in Des Moines, recently received the Business Record's "Forty Under 40" Award for career achievement.
- R. Scott Boots *, 86BA, is founder of the Chicago-based Health Cares Exchange Initiative, a charity that supports and educates care providers.
- Rich Bowerman *, 88BA, is director of the Blue Ridge Outdoor Education Center in Toccoa, Ga.
- Robert L. Byrum *, 84DDS, is a self-employed dentist in Bettendorf.
- CarolAnn Garratt, 82MBA, a world-record-setting pilot and author, recently completed her third around-the-world flight to raise funds for research into amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease).
- Scott D. Jay *, 84BSE, 91PhD, 91MD, is a cardiologist with the Wellmont CVA Heart Institute in Greeneville, Tenn.
- Scott D. Kent *, 89BBA, 93MA, is vice president of physician-hospital organization/field services for Advocate Health Care in Chicago.
- Julie L. Meyer *, 87BA, is director of product management at CIVCO Medical Solutions in Kalona, Iowa.
- Steven J. Meyer, 84MD, an orthopaedic surgeon with the CNOS health system in Dakota Dunes, S.D., is president and founder of Siouxland Tanzania Educational Medical Ministries in Sioux City, Iowa.
- Tamra L. Kasch Ruff *, 84BSN, a school nurse for the East Mills/Nishna Valley Community School District in Malvern, Iowa, has been named one of the "100 Great Iowa Nurses" by the Iowa Nurses Association, the Iowa Nurses Foundation, the Iowa Hospital Association, and the UI College of Nursing.
- Hamid-Reza Sharif-Kashani, 82BSEE, an engineering professor and director of the advanced telecommunications engineering laboratory at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Omaha campus, recently received an Outstanding Teaching Award from the school's Omaha alumni association.
- Stephanie A. Smith *, 88BA, 93MA, is a supervisor at the UI College of Education in Iowa City.
- Daniel W. Vande Lune *, 87BS, 91MD, is an orthopaedic surgeon with Duke Medicine in Smithfield and Clayton, N.C.
- Mark R. Wiesner, 80MS, a civil and environmental engineering professor at Duke University in Durham, N.C., and the 2011 recipient of the national Clarke Water Prize for excellence in water research, is president-elect of the Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors.
- Terry L. Babor *, 77BS, 81DDS, is a self-employed dentist in Marengo, Iowa.
- Thomas O. Bellinger *, 79BSE, 81MS, is a technical support business manager at IBM in Rochester, Minn.
- Raymond H. Cralle *, 71CER, is a physical therapist specializing in hyperbaric treatment for wounded veterans at Cralle Physical Therapy Services in Delray Beach, Fla.
- Kenneth D. Daniels *, 79BSPh, is a pharmacist with Sweetbay Supermarkets in Plant City, Fla.
- William R. Edwards *, 74BS, 78MD, 82F, is a medical oncologist for the SwedishAmerican Medical Group in Rockford, Ill.
- Kim Jared Harding *, 75BA, is director of rehab and wellness services for the Summit Therapy Group in Tempe, Ariz.
- Galen G. Howsare *, 78MA, chief financial officer for the Iowa Association of School Boards in Des Moines, recently received an alumni achievement award from the Drake University School of Education in Des Moines.
- Patrick J. Kenney, 78BA, 79MA, 83PhD, is chair of the chemistry and biochemistry department, founding director of the School of Politics and Global Studies, and associate vice president of the Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development at Arizona State University in Tempe, Ariz.
- Barbara A. Langlois *, 73BGS, is a paralegal with the Latimer LeVay Fyock law firm in Chicago.
- David J. Marcou, 78MA, recently published the photo book series Human Character, and two of his 2008 presidential campaign photos have been included in the Smithsonian exhibit Gift of the Artist.
- Donald A. Martin *, 73BBA, is a property casualty claim manager for Cincinnati Insurance Company in Dade City, Fla.
- Edward S. Mocarski, 79PhD, a microbiology and immunology professor at the Stanford University College of Medicine in Stanford, Calif., is a 2012 fellow of the American Academy for Microbiology.
- Lorene A. Wedeking *, 70BSN, recently retired as a nursing professor from Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, Minn.
- Rick Davis *, 67BA, 69MA, president of the Oley Foundation, a nonprofit organization that serves tube-fed patients and their caregivers, recently received the Lyn Howard Nutrition Support Consumer Advocacy Award from the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition.
- Rick Echternacht *, 68BBA, is general manager at National Home Security in Edina, Minn.
- Susan D. Hillman *, 64BSN, is the recipient of the 2011 Tennessee Titans Community Quarterback Award and a $10,000 grant to benefit her non-profit, Catholic Charities of Tennessee.
- Robert A. Lehrman, 68MFA, a speechwriter and an adjunct communication professor at American University in Washington, D.C., recently received first prize in a recent Narrative Magazine story contest for his piece titled "Hostile Encounters."
- Marty Whitmore Morrison *, 65BA, is a licensed professional counselor for Onsite Workshops in Cumberland Furnace, Tenn., and the Experiential Healing Center in Memphis.
- Darrell L. Ward, 68MS, co-founder and chief executive officer of ALL In Learning, an educational technology company in Denton, Texas, recently received the Baylor Alumni Association's Distinguished Alumni Award. Robert A.
- Worthington *, 65MA, retired executive director of government affairs at the Opus real estate development company in Minnetonka, Minn., recently received the American Planning Association's Lifetime Achievement Award from the organization's Minnesota chapter.
Robert D. Brown *, 56MA, 66PhD, a professor emeritus of educational psychology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and a fellow in the American Psychological Association and the American Educational Research Association, recently received the 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award from the American College Personnel Association-College Educators International.
Thomas E. Daniels *, 48BSEE, a retired consultant and member of the UI College of Engineering's Distinguished Engineering Alumni Academy, has been inducted into the Asbury Park-Neptune, N.J., NAACP Hall of Fame.
FACULTY & FRIENDS
P. Barry Butler, UI mechanical engineering professor and executive vice president and provost, recently received the College of Engineering Alumni Award for Distinguished Service from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Carl H. Klaus, a UI professor emeritus of English, co-edited the book, Essayists on the Essay: Montaigne to Our Time.