Dr. Ken Magid Child Advocacy Scholarship Application Guidelines
University of Iowa students must meet the following requirements to apply for the scholarship:
- Be a full-time UI undergraduate or graduate student in the semester immediately preceding the trip dates and the semester following the trip;
- Be between the ages of 17 and 25;
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or an international student in lawful F-1 status;
- Complete at least 12 hours of credit at the UI with a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA;
- Not have received the Dr. Ken Magid Scholarship previously; and
- Have a valid U.S. passport, or obtain one no later than 60 days before the trip departure.
- Be available for an in-person interview with selection committee.
All materials must be submitted by Feb. 10, 2017 and mailed to:
The UI Alumni Association
Iowa Voyagers Scholarship
P.O. Box 1970
Iowa City, IA 52244-1970
Or, fax your materials to 319-335-1079, Attention: Iowa Voyagers Scholarship
- Application Form
- Recommendation Form – Submit recommendations from at least two individuals (no more than three) who have direct knowledge of your character, skills, background, and qualifications.
- One-page resume – Demonstrated previous employment and/or community service activities.
- Essay – In 500-750 words, please address these two questions:
- Why do you think international experiences are valuable for students?
- What do you personally expect to give and gain during your service trip?
IMPORTANT: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Finalists will be contacted for an informal, in-person interview.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact us at 800-469-2586, 319-335-3293, or email firstname.lastname@example.org