* Denotes annual membership in the UI Alumni Association.
* Denotes life membership in the UI Alumni Association.
* Denotes membership in the UI Alumni Association's Old Capitol Club.
* Denotes membership in the UI Alumni Association's Director's Club Honor Circle.
- Fredrick R. Galoso, a Web assistant at the UI Alumni Association in Iowa City, recently received the UI Tippie College of Business’s “21 Under 21” award and the Technology Association of Iowa and LWBJ Financial’s Prometheus Award for Student Innovation of the Year for a Web hosting and file storage company he co-founded.
- Marcus D. Cavanagh*, 11BA, is a high school math teacher at the Wittenmyer Learning Center in Davenport, Iowa.
- Katie J. Rollinger Genkinger*, 11PHR, is a pharmacist at Walmart in West Burlington, Iowa.
- Christopher W. Krohe*, 10BSE, is a manufacturing technology engineer with 3M in St. Paul, Minn.
- Greg G. Pappas*, 10BBA, is an assistant store manager for Goodwill Industries of Southeast Wisconsin and Metro Chicago in Arlington Heights, Ill.
- Caitlyn R. Ryan*, 10BBA, is marketing and custom image wear manager at Phelps Fashion Apparel in Muscatine, Iowa.
- Molly E. Slager*, 11BBA, is operations supervisor for the Kate Carol dance company in Iowa City.
- Sheneiqua Smith*, 11BA, is a cosmetologist at Styles by Sheneiqua in Chicago.
- Rachel M. Williams*, 11BSE, is a research and development engineer with Boston Scientific, a medical device company in Marlborough, Mass.
- Brad J. Zelnio*, 11BBA, is a brokerage office representative for Country Financial in Bloomington, Ill.
- Weston S. Anderson*, 08BBA, is a corporate development associate at CC Industries, a private equity firm in Chicago.
- Sheila Benson*, 06PhD, is an assistant professor of languages and literatures at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Jacob A. Boyd, 02BA, a writer in Eugene, Ore., recently received an L. Ron Hubbard Writer of the Future Award for his story, “Lost Pine,” featured in Vol. 28 of Hubbard’s science fiction anthology series that showcases winning entries.
- Robert R. Burns*, 05DDS, 07PedoS, is a pediatric dentist at Jordan Creek Pediatric Dentistry in West Des Moines.
- Patrick J. Duhaime*, 01MBA, is director of global sales and marketing for NACCO Materials Handling Group in Greenville, N.C.
- Wesley A. Fulton*, 05BA, is a project estimator, project manager, safety director, and treasurer at L.A. Fulton & Sons, a plumbing company in Des Moines.
- Vikas Goel*, 02BSE, 07R, is president of Goel Family Dentistry in Cazenovia, N.Y.
- Susana B. Goldman*, 06BA, is a librarian for the Tuscaloosa Public Library in Tuscaloosa, Ala. Deborah R. Hellinger, 03F, a radiologist in Kansas City, Mo., is a fellow of the American Osteopathic College of Radiology.
- Eric Hobbs*, 03BA, is brand manager for Anheuser-Busch InBev in the Great Lakes region.
- Katherine Carlson Hunt*, 03BS, is a teacher at the Metropolitan Montessori School in New York City.
- Claudia Huskey*, 06BA, is a research analyst for the Tennessee State Legislature in Nashville, Tenn.
- Keriann T. Kordas*, 06BSN, is a nurse at the University of Chicago Medical Center in Chicago.
- Kevin J. Kreber*, 09BBA, is a consultant with Perceptive Software in Shawnee, Kan.
- Stephanie L. Mastro Leitzen*, 02BA, is a reading specialist for School District U-46 in Elgin, Ill.
- Mark S. Maguire*, 08BBA, is a banker at Wells Fargo Bank in Des Moines.
- Amina Mahmood*, 08PhD, is a sexual assault prevention specialist and staff psychologist for the University Counseling Center at the State University of New York at Albany.
- Stephen W. Moore*, 08MA, is an analyst at Arlington Medical Resources, a medical data provider in Exton, Pa.
- Sarah Nordquist*, 09BBA, is a senior financial planning and advice analyst for Ameriprise Financial in Minneapolis. Leah Paullus*, 02BS, is a physician at McFarland Clinic in Marshalltown, Iowa.
- Trucy Phan*, 07BSE, is a senior developer with BlinkTag, a Web development firm in San Francisco.
- Susan M. Armstrong Portz*, 02BBA, is a math teacher at Jefferson High School in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Kristen M. Formanek Robinson*, 06BA, 09JD, is an assistant district attorney for New Hanover County in Wilmington, N.C., and Michael W. Robinson*, 07PHR, is a pharmacist at Walgreens in Leland, N.C.
- Tanya R. Robinson Sain*, 02BBA, is a senior business systems analyst for Transamerica Retirement Services in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Thomas A. Statz*, 04DDS, 07PeriS, is a periodontist with Parkway Periodontal Group in West Des Moines, Iowa.
- Cassie J. Valasek*, 04BSN, 07MSN, is a pediatric nurse practitioner at Phoenix Children’s Hospital in Phoenix.
- Amanda R. Weaver*, 08BA, is a sales architect at Businessolver, an online administration services and employment benefits outsourcing provider in West Des Moines.
- Marshal J. Yanda, 07BA, a former Hawkeye football player and an offensive guard with the Baltimore Ravens, played in the 2011 Pro Bowl in Honolulu.
- Rodney C. Andre*, 97MS, is senior manager of software development for the AMD technology company in Boxborough, Mass.
- Yun-Wu Cheng*, 91MS, 96PhD, is a senior principal engineer at Apache Design in San Jose, Calif.
- Lacey Dingman, 99BBA, is director of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Office of Human Resources in Washington, D.C.
- Lori Purcell Fossen*, 92JD, is a law clerk to U.S. Magistrate Judge John Simko at the U.S. District Court in Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Shawn Fox*, 96BBA, is an accountant with the McGladrey accounting firm in Kansas City, Mo.
- Susan T. Haney*, 98MD, is an emergency physician at the Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay, Ore.
- Cindy L. Lovell*, 99PhD, executive director of the Mark Twain Boyhood Home and Museum in Hannibal, Mo., recently received the Hannibal Area Chamber of Commerce’s Community Betterment Award for conceiving, writing, and co-producing the museum’s benefit CD, Mark Twain: Words & Music.
- John Nemmers*, 90BA, is a judicial magistrate for the state of Iowa and an attorney with the Reynolds & Kenline law firm in Dubuque, Iowa.
- Edward A. Panther, 97BSE, is a senior mechanical engineer with PRVN Consultants, an engineering consulting firm in Muscatine, Iowa.
- Erik T. Peterson*, 93BBA, is global supply chain finance director at Kellogg in Battle Creek, Mich.
- Amy L. Reasner*, 93BA, 01JD, a shareholder with the Lynch Dallas law firm in Cedar Rapids, has been reappointed to the Iowa Department of Transportation Commission.
- Nicholas A. Smith, 99BA, is a partner with the Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy law firm in New York City.
- Claire Torbensen-Armstrong*, 95BA, is a secondary English teacher for the Anchorage School District in
- Chugiak, Alaska. Heather L. Weems, 97BS, is athletic director at St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minn.
- Heidi M. Dunniway, 89BS, an otolaryngologist at Otolaryngology Associates in Indianapolis, Ind., is a member of the Indiana State Medical Association board of directors and president of medical staff at St. Francis Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Lori Anderson Flanigan*, 89BA, is a requirements manager for the Pearson learning company in Iowa City, and Michael B. Flanigan*, 89BBA, is a product manager for ACT in Iowa City. Gregory S.
- Gerstner*, 83BS, 86JD, is an attorney with the Seigfreid, Bingham, Levy, Selzer & Gee law firm in Kansas City, Mo.
- Jonathan H. Glaser*, 84BGS, is a certified financial planner and co-owner of Iowa Wealth Management in West Des Moines.
- Garrett L. Headley*, 80MA, is senior vice president of Russell Capital Management in Lexington, Ky.
- Angelica M. Hernandez*, 89BA, 93JD, a partner with the Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson law firm in Houston, has been elected president of Houston’s Mexican American Bar Association and treasurer of the Mexican American Bar Association of Texas.
- Robin McHone Hundt*, 85BA, is a teacher for the Glenwood Community School District in Glenwood, Iowa.
- Steven J. Lodge*, 89BA, is an attorney with the Lodge Law Office in Anoka, Minn.
- Kelly L. Fox McDonald*, 86BBA, is senior vice president and controller at Rave Cinemas in Dallas.
- John L. Miclot*, 81BBA, is president and chief executive officer of Tengion, a biotechnology company specializing in organ regeneration in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Sastry S. Munukutla*, 81PhD, a mechanical engineering professor and director of the Center for Energy Systems Research at Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville, Tenn., received the university’s 2012 Brown Henderson Award for outstanding teaching and research.
- Eric L. Paulson*, 80MD, is a physician at Montgomery Memorial Hospital in Red Oak, Iowa.
- David W. Smith*, 84MBA, is lead director at Capella Education Company in Minneapolis and a member of the board of directors for Capstone, a children’s books publisher.
- Judy A. Streit*, 88MD, 91R, 96F, is a physician and clinical assistant professor of internal medicine at UI Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.
- Alan C. Weber*, 82BBA, is a territory manager for Don Stevens, a wholesale distribution company in Eagan, Minn.
- Grady T. Zangerle, 82BGS, is a designer at PRVN Consultants, an engineering consulting firm in Muscatine, Iowa.
- Vivian I. Nzegwu Abadom*, 79BS, is a senior clinical research scientist with the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute in Baltimore.
- Robert M. Andersen, 72BS, 76JD, is an attorney with the Clark Hill law firm in Washington, D.C.
- Audrey S. Greene Erickson*, 79BM, is an ancillary services manager at Dallas County Hospital in Perry, Iowa.
- Edmund A. Freund*, 75BS, 78MD, is medical director at Lodi Memorial Hospital in Lodi, Calif.
- Richard T. “Skip” Jacobson Jr.*, 77BA, is regional manager for Mayo Medical Laboratories in the Philadelphia area.
- G. Arthur Janssen*, 75R, recently retired as an anesthesiologist from Southern Arizona Anesthesia Service in Tucson, Ariz. M.
- Colleen Thompson Jones*, 72BBA, is an associate professor in the College of Business Administration’s management department at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Steven P. Kalina*, 78BBA, is a principal consultant at Affirmitech, a technical and information technology recruiting firm in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Jack Kaps*, 71BS, 72MS, is an environmental engineer manager at Electro-Motive Diesel in La Grange, Ill.
- Michaela M. Kelly*, 79BS, is a special education preschool teacher for the Anchorage School District in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Jane L. Maffie-Lee*, 73BSN, is a nurse practitioner and director of clinical programs at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
- Raynard Manning*, 71BS, 76MA, is a supervisor for Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Thomas F. Mapp*, 77BA, 79MA, is a compliance officer for XLHealth Corporation, a health insurer in Baltimore.
- Doug E. Parsons*, 79BS, 81MA, is president and chief executive officer of Tallgrass Business Resources, an office supplies company in Coralville.
- Clyde Ruffin*, 74BA, 76MFA, theater department chair and a professor at the University of Missouri in Columbia, Mo., recently received the university’s 2012 President’s Award for Community Engagement.
- Mary E. Toci Schwinn*, 79MA, a retired special education instructor, is a substitute teacher for the Cedar Rapids Community Schools in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Sue Swilley*, 78DMA, is an adjunct music professor at Carson-Newman College in Jefferson City, Tenn.
- William C. Tallman*, 70BS, 73MS, is a senior process advisor for Evonik Degussa, a specialty chemicals company in Blair, Neb.
- Lawrence L. Young*, 75BS, is a financial representative for COUNTRY Financial in Davenport, Iowa.
- Joan M. Welch Andrews*, 64DI, is a dietitian at DCI Dialysis at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Fla.
- Larry R. Fane*, 64BA, 67MD, recently retired as regional chair of pediatrics from the Texas A&M College of Medicine Health Science Center in Round Rock, Texas.
- Jim D. Kimball*, 64MD, a retired physician and member of the Osceola, Iowa, city council, received the Iowa Academy of Family Physicians’ 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Neal L. Luker*, 63BA, 80MA, who has retired after 45 years of full-time teaching, is a part-time teacher and play director at Fulton High School in Fulton, Ill., and board president of the Clinton Area Showboat Theatre in Clinton, Iowa.
- Gayle Hallenbeck Lynds, 67BA, an author, had her short story, “Max is Calling,” performed on BBC Radio 4 as part of a celebration for spy novelist John le Carré’s 80th birthday.
- Johanna Biebesheimer Nichols*, 67BA, an American Association for the Advancement of Science fellow and recipient of the Order of Merit from the Ingushetia government (Russian federation) for her work on the Ingush language, has retired from the University of California at Berkeley as a Slavic languages and affiliate linguistics professor and currently directs research projects on the Chechen and Ingush languages.
- Anne E. Fitzpatrick Sturtevant*, 66BA, is a self-employed psychologist in Marblehead, Mass.
- Peter D. Wallace*, 69MD, 74R, a physician at Mercy Iowa City, has been named a 2011 Iowa Hospital Hero by the Iowa Hospital Association.
- Stewart W. Wallace*, 68BBA, is the Egypt programs director for L-3 MPRI, an integrated training and security solutions company in Alexandria, Va.
- Virginia A. White, 68BA, 72MD, is a physician at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Sacramento, Calif.