March 28, 2017
Yesterday, University of Iowa President Bruce Harreld announced his intention to join the University of Iowa Alumni Association and University of Iowa Foundation together "to create one, new, unified organization."
Working groups will be established to begin consideration of the many issues and items that arise from this decision. While we work through plans and implementation, both organizations remain committed to serving the University of Iowa, her alumni and friends during this transition to a new engagement organization.
The President believes "a unified, comprehensive organization will allow us to better serve the university for decades to come." To that end, the new organization was tasked with meeting the following institutional goals:
- World-class engagement with all constituents
- Stronger, life-long relationships between the university and its’ alumni
- Enhanced, consistent university messaging
- A united effort to support the university’s core mission
- Increased opportunity for academic engagement by alumni
- Better engage the young alumni population
- Eliminate alumni confusion between membership dues and philanthropic gifts