Alumni Band Reunion 2014
Alumni Band Reunion 2014
Oct. 10-11 in Iowa City
Iowa vs. Indiana
The University of Iowa Alumni Association invites you to return this fall to perform once again in the Homecoming parade and inside Kinnick Stadium with fellow UI marching band alumni.
To participate in these events, you must be a UIAA member. If youy aren't a member, you can join when you register for the Alumni Band events. Not sure if you're a UIAA member? Find out here.
The dealine to register is Tuesday, Sept. 2.
Schedule of Events
Friday, Oct. 10, 2014
4 p.m. – Check-in at corner of Iowa Avenue and Van Buren Street
4:30 p.m. – Percussion practice
5:15 p.m. – Parade formation and Alumni Band warm-up
5:45 p.m. – Homecoming parade begins
Saturday, Oct. 11, 2014
Practice, Tailgate, and Pregame Performance in Kinnick
7 a.m. – Check-in at the Recreation Building, Stadium Drive, to receive field charts and marching assignments
7:30 a.m. – Practice in Kinnick Stadium (please be prompt and note that family members and guests may not enter to view this rehearsal)
8:45-9:30 a.m. – Tailgate for Alumni Band members and paid guests
9:45 a.m. – Hawkeye Marching Band pregame concert
10:15 a.m. – March to stadium
10:50 a.m. – Alumni Band performs in Kinnick
11 a.m. – Kickoff (visit www.hawkeyesports.com for the latest information; should the kickoff time change, we will update this website accordingly)
Do you have your:
- Music (print at www.iowalum.com/band/fightsongs.cfm—online music has been updated!)
- Baseball cap (first-timers will receive a free cap at check-in on Friday or Saturday). Need a new cap? You can order one when you register.
- Alumni Band T-shirt, nametag, and lapel pin (available at check-in)
- Alumni Band jacket (available for purchase on the registration form)
- Dark or khaki pants
- Wristband—All Kinnick Stadium pregame performance participants will be required to register and wear wristbands. Registrants not wearing their wristbands will not be allowed in the stadium. There will be no entry or exit from the stadium, except at predetermined, designated times.
Visit the Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau for a listing of hotel accommodations.
Parking and Traffic
Traffic and parking will be congested throughout the weekend in Iowa City due to street closings and Homecoming festivities. Please allow extra time when making your travel plans.
- Friday: Appropriate off-street parking is recommended, as the UIAA does not have reserved parking for this event.
- Saturday: Pay-for-parking options include UIHC ramps, private homes that allow game day parking, and select parking lots. The UIAA does not have reserved parking for this event.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319/335-3296 with questions.