Alumni Band Reunion
Sept. 30 - Oct. 1, 2016
Schedule of Events
Friday, Sept 30, 2016 – Homecoming Parade
- 4 p.m. – Check-in at corner of Iowa Avenue and Van Buren Street
- 4:30 p.m. – Percussion practice
- 5:15 p.m. – Parade formation and Alumni Band warm-up
- 5:45 p.m. – Homecoming parade begins
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016 – Practice, Tailgate, and Pregame Performance in Kinnick Stadium
- 7 a.m. – Check-in at the Field House, 225 South Grand, to receive field charts and marching assignments
- 7:30 a.m. – Practice in Kinnick Stadium (Please be prompt. Family members and guests may not view this rehearsal)
- 8:45-9:30 a.m. – Tailgate for Alumni Band members and paid guests
- 9:45 a.m. – Hawkeye Marching Band pregame concert
- 10:15 a.m. – March to stadium
- 10:50 a.m. – Alumni Band performs in Kinnick
- 11 a.m. – Kickoff (Visit www.hawkeyesports.com for the latest information. Should the kickoff time change, we will update this website accordingly.)
Do you have your:
- Music (Available at www.iowalum.com/band/fightsongs.cfm. Online music has been updated!)
- Baseball cap (If you are a first-time Alumni Band participant, please mark the box on the registration form to receive a free cap when you check in on Friday or Saturday.) Need a new cap? You can order one when you register.
- Alumni Band T-shirt, name tag, and lapel pin (available at check-in)
- Alumni Band jacket (available for purchase on the registration form)
- Dark or khaki pants
- Wristband—All Kinnick Stadium pregame performance participants will be required to register and wear wristbands. Registrants not wearing their wristbands will not be allowed in the stadium. There will be no entry or exit from the stadium, except at predetermined, designated times.
Visit the Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau for a listing of hotel accommodations.
Parking and Traffic
Traffic and parking will be congested throughout the weekend in Iowa City due to street closings and Homecoming festivities. Please allow extra time when making your travel plans.
- Friday: Appropriate off-street parking is recommended, as the UIAA does not have reserved parking for this event.
- Saturday: Paid parking options include UI Hospitals and Clinics ramps, private homes that allow game day parking, and select parking lots. The UIAA does not have reserved parking for this event.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-335-3296
for more information.